The Meus App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Meus App.
- Profile Data includesyour username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Meus App, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase our products or access our services;
- register on the Meus App or on our site.
- subscribe to our e-newsletter;
- enter a promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the Meus App, we may automatically collect technical data about your device, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our cookie notice below for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical data from the following parties.
- Analytics of use of the Meus App, navigation, access, your location provided by Google Analytics (data processed outside the UK). Any such data we receive from Google Analytics is anonymised. We will not be able to identify you from this data;
- Conversion analytics and activity metrics provided by Memberful (data processed outside the UK). Any such data we receive from Memberful is anonymized. We will not be able to identify you from these data.
- Identity, Contact, Profile and Marketing and Communication data from membership management application, Memberful (data processed outside the UK); and
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data through payment gateway, Stripe (data processed outside the UK), which is sub-contracted by Memberful to process payment transactions;
- Identity, Contact and Marketing and Communication data from Mailchimp sub-contracted by membership management application, Memberful, to mail our e-newsletters to you (data processed outside the UK)
- Identity, Contact and any other personal information you chose to provide via email from Microsoft 365, our email provider (data stored within the UK)
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new user of the MEUS app.||(a) Identity(b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:(a) Manage payments, fees and charges(b) Collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Financial(d) Transaction||(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Profile(d) Usage(e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how users use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud)(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we provide to you||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Profile(d) Usage(e) Marketing and Communications(f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how users use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical(b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of users for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity(b) Contact(c) Technical(d) Usage(e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you registered on our website or you have signed up to our newsletter and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Third party marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our registered address: 20 Christian Close, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 9FF, United Kingdom.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. COOKIE NOTICE
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience any interactive features of our Site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
The following cookies may be placed on your device:
|_wpfuuid||11 years||Necessary||This cookie is used by the WPForms WordPress plugin. The cookie is used to allows the paid version of the plugin to connect entries by the same user and is used for some additional features like the Form Abandonment addon.|
|__cfduid||1 month||Necessary||The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.|
|_ga||2 years||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gid||1 day||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.|
|vuid||2 years||Analytics||The domain of this cookie is owned by Vimeo. This cookie is used by Vimeo to collect tracking information. It sets a unique ID to embed videos to the website.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_165006295_1||1 minute||Others||No description|
|__stripe_orig_props||1 year||Necessary||Required to allow access to paid content|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
6. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Bulk email application (such as Mail Chimp)
- hosting/email server (if data is held on the server/email server)
- membership management platform
- payment processing provider
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Some of our external data processors are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure that our providers afford a similar degree of protection to your data as is standard under data protection laws in the UK.
You can read more about the data processing policies and commitment of Memberful and its sub-contractors to protect your personal data by clicking on the following link: https://memberful.com/dpa/
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. DATA RETENTION
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For example, by law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com or at our registered address: 20 Christian Close, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 9FF, United Kingdom,
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.